If you’re in business… no matter how big or how small, you must have a website. After all, it's 2019 – and there shouldn't be any more doubts about this. No matter what category of business you're in… a website will help your business in one way or another. 20 years ago, it was important for any business to be in the phone book. Now people find you online. If for no other reason, this should be your basic reason for having a website today.
WHAT ARE THE BASIC BENEFITS OF A WEBSITE?
It's the online version of your:
- Business cards
- TV commercial
- Billboard or sign
- Bio, background, etc.
It’s like going to a networking event… but you don’t have to physically go.
It can be your office, or your store, without ever actually having to have a physical location.
Many businesses still need an office to operate, but the nature of ecommerce affords you certain advantages, including the opportunity to avoid the cost of maintaining a free-standing office. And that’s the bottom line—keeping it open costs money, which a lot of small businesses simply cannot afford to needlessly spend. Most likely, all your customers are perfectly happy to interface with you on the web.
There’s no doubt that it looks good to have a real office—there is a certain reliable quality that it lends to a business; however, it’s important to remember that in the business world today, your website is virtually your office. What really matters is producing a great product of the best quality, and providing top-notch customer service.
There's no cheaper, more effective way to do so many things:
- Advertise your services/products through content and imagery
- Brand your business through use of logo, colors, and messaging
- Showcase or teach through video, audio, webinars, podcasts, etc.
- Communicate with your clients or customers (via email, chat, web form, or Instant Message)
- Accept appointments, applications, etc. through forms and/or file uploads
- Point prospective clients/customers to service or products, simply by giving them a link to the related page on your website
- And just about anything else you can imagine…